Piles / Haemorrhoids
Commonly called Mulvyadh or Bawaseer, haemorrhoids means ‘Blood rhoos flowing’. Haemorrhoids are vascular structures in the anal canal. In their normal state, they are cushions that help with stool control. They become pathological when get swollen or inflamed. At this point the condition is technically known as hemorrhoidal disease or Piles.
Internal Piles Prolapsing into the lumen on straining
External Thrombosed Piles
Identified By –
– Bleeding at stools,
– Protruding mass on straining or daefication,
– Pains in case of external thrombosed piles,
– Ultimate blood loss causing anaemia,
– Associated weakness, lethargy, dizziness etc.
– Poor health, low vitality, poor performance at work.
– Constipation / Straining,
– Chronic Dysentry or Diarrhoea,
– Pregnancy – increased pressure on superior haemorrhoidal vein.
– There are four stages of piles. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
Treatment – Treatment depends on stages of Piles.
– Usually 1st degree internal piles can be conserved with ayurvedic medicinal treatment along with dietary restructions.
– However, 2nd, 3rd & 4th stage Internal Piles require Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment followed by dietary restrictions to avoid constipation.